Ever heard of Pancake Spaghetti? It’s a viral trendy meal that took over TikTok for a while and we are here to share it. Loved by kids and adults, this easy to make recipe is perfect for a weekend breakfast or upcoming brunch.
Inspired by a video on TikTok by Briana Archuleta, this fun pancake breakfast is sure to be a hit. She said her husband made this for breakfast and he calls it squiggle cakes. Pancake Spaghetti is another fun name and it’s also kind of gives us the pancake cereal vibes that also took a viral spot on TikTok for some time. It also reminds me of a funnel cake, made in a similar way and very satisfying just like it.
This is another fun twist and easy recipe and it’s one that you can customize to make everyone happy at the breakfast table. If you love having fun with your breakfast options, try these amazing Chocolate Crepes! So, ditch the usual pancakes and give one of these recipes a try, they’re always a hit at our house.
Why You’ll Love These Spaghetti Pancakes
- Super quick – Breakfast ready in 15 minutes or less!
- Loved by adults and kids- no grumbling at the table
- Simple to scale and make more for a crowd or a party
- Pantry staple ingredients- nothing crazy needed here, it’s just stuff you already have in the cabinets
- Plain greek yogurt
- Baking powder
- Powdered Sugar, for garnish
- Syrup, for garnish
How to Make Pancake Spaghetti
- Combine the milk, vanilla, greek yogurt, butter and egg by whisking together in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together the dry ingredients of sugar, flour and baking powder in a different large bowl.
- Now, add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk until completely combined with no lumps.
- Carefully, transfer the pancake batter into a piping bag.
- Over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter to a sauce pan and let it melt.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of the piping bag and drag the bag in a zig-zag motion across the pan to create a long, thin, spaghetti-like strip of batter. You’re going to need to work quickly doing this because it’s time to flip in no time.
- Cook on one side for about 30 seconds, then use a spatula to flip.
- Cook the other side of the thin strips of pancake batter for about 20 seconds and transfer them to a plate.
- Repeat steps 6-8 until all of the batter is used.
- Add any garnishes and drizzle with a little maple syrup and enjoy!
These pancake strips get devoured everytime I make a batch, but if you have leftovers, store them just as you would if you made pancakes the traditional way. Place leftovers in a ziptop bag, or wrapped in foil. You can refrigerate them for up to 2 days and can reheat your leftovers in the microwave.
Tips and Variations
- The cooking time suggested may change depending on your heat source and how hot your saucepan is.
- Work quickly once you lay out your thin lines of pancake batter as they can burn and brown very quickly! It may take you a couple of practice runs before you get the timing of when you need to flip these properly. Remember, big pancakes are ready when you see the little bubbles bursting, you may not see those with this style of pancake since they’re so thin.
- If you don’t want to use the stove, you can use a hot griddle.
- If you don’t have a piping bag to use for these, you can use a squeeze bottle or a ziptop plastic bag and trim the tip off to create a tiny hole for the .
- If you find your pancake strips are burning, then decrease to low heat and try making the next batch that way.
- Use whatever simple pancake batter you enjoy, there is no right or wrong here! If you don’t want to make your own pancake batter with our recipe, you can use a boxed version. Just follow the package directions.
- Serve these with maple sausage, breakfast sausage, some scrambled eggs, or anything else you like to eat with regular pancakes.
What can I serve on these pancakes?
The list here could really be endless, you can add anything you would normally use on a normal pancake. Here are some of our favorite toppings we use on a traditional pancake that would be yummy on this pancake spaghetti mixture.
- Blueberry Compote
- Chocolate Chips
- Diced Strawberries
- Diced Banana
- Your Favorite Sprinkles
- Some Confectioners Sugar
- Nuts like pecans or walnuts
- Drizzled peanut butter or other sauces
Another favorite thing we like to make with this Pancake Spaghetti trend is a nice big batch of Chocolate Chip Scones! You could even make some with your french toast and eggs. We keep watching for another good TikTok Video that has a new trend that we want to create here for you, so keep checking back for more ideas.
- 1 ½ cup milk
- ¼ stick butter melted
- 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- In a mixing bowl, combine the milk, vanilla, greek yogurt, butter and egg by whisking together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients of sugar, flour and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet whisking until completely combined with no lumps.
- Transfer the pancake batter into a piping bag.
- Heat up a a saucepan on medium heat with about 1 tablespoon of butter melted.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of the piping bag and drag the bag in a zig-zag motion across the pan to create a long, thin, spaghetti-like strip of batter.
- Cook on one side for about 30 seconds, then flip with a spatula.
- Cook the other side for about 20 seconds and transfer to a plate.
- Repeat steps 6-8 until all of the batter is used.
- Add any garnishes and drizzle with syrup and enjoy!